12.7.11

No ''manja" word for the kids!!!!



February 2011, my second month here.

Okay, I'm better adapted. Why last month there was no Internet at home? Because they're just moved, so they just plugged a new WIFI. But it was broken. Even Aline was replaced the new modem. And finally the Internet is good, the cable television, and the telephone are all active. Oh, finally I can see the world again after one month I was like living in a cave! But I decided to do not use Blackberry Messenger here, because I do not want to be a freak anymore who has the eyes just for typing a message in a cell monitor. 

Lily and Mina are also getting closer to me. If remembered last month, I feel stupid. Why oh why I am so weepy? But I think it was reasonable indeed. In Jakarta I am used into the frenetic life, I have many friends, every night I was hanged out to the concerts, I was singing, etc... Suddenly, until I’m here, everything is so calming and organized. Eat on time, regular works, have friends but we couldn’t be so closed, everyone is so independent. 

The lessons of parents for their children here were incredible different from Indonesia. 

For example 

Children are not regarded as a puppet. Everyone talk to them, they are scolded, advised, and punished (standing on the corner) if they are naughty.

There is no word ‘manja’ in the kid’s dictionary here. Since they are 2 years old they feed themselves in the table. Starting age 5 years old, they arrange their own rooms and toys, put the garbage in the trash (even Lily can operate her mom’s iPhone, lol). At 9 pm, their bedrooms are closed. Though they’re crying or cannot sleep, it’s forbidden for the parents to come to their bedrooms.

If you are with a kid, and you meet your friends / colleagues somewhere else, then it must be that your friend is greeting your kid first then greeting you. Kids in France was considered as adults. 

French are very very adoring the manners. Everywhere, everyone greeted each other though you don’t know them. From early they’ve been taught to say "Bonjour, ca va?", before starting the conversation. People are friendly and like to smile. The firmness of parents with the children here proved quite useful. All children are smart (this is true), looked 'cute', and fun. 

I've learned so many things here. One of them is how to treat the kids. Now I really understand how to educate children, and realized how many mothers in my country, Indonesia, are taking the wrong way on educating them. I don’t wanna be so knowingly, but yes, based on my knowledge of some families in Indonesia, many mothers pamper their children so that children become naughty and impolite. 

This is what we could not be obtained in all of schools. After all, if you decide to become a mother someday, we know how to educate our children well. Well I know it's a basic instinct to be a mom. But if I'd be a mother one day, at least I was spared from the way most mothers in Indonesia educate their children, who are too spoiling their children, and eventually the child cannot be dependent until they’re becoming an adult. I already have a stock on these aspects, thanks God.

No comments:

Post a Comment